[Fedora-directory-users] fds 1.1 Performance tuning

Andreas Kekkou kekkou.a at cs.ucy.ac.cy
Fri Sep 19 09:45:48 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have recently upgraded one my fds servers from 1.0.4 to 1.1. The new
server has been fine tuned using the performance tuning guide
<http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Performance_Tuning>. At the
bottom of the page is mentioning how to change the number of maximum
descriptors from 1024 to 8192. There is a note there that this is only
valid for 1.0.4 installations and when I tried to change this on 1.1 the
server refused to start. The problem is that fds 1.1 stops unexpectedly
at irregular intervals with nothing on the logs that can help resolve
the problem. I remember a similar problem on my 1.0.4 installation was
solved by changing nss-descriptors from 1024 to 8192. Is there any way
to increase this number on 1.1?

Andreas