[Fedora-directory-users] Re: java.lang.ClassCastException @ exec of standalone fedora-idm-console on osx

John Dickinson jad at jadickinson.co.uk
Sun Sep 28 10:28:59 UTC 2008

(I moved this from the devel list as users seemed more appropriate to
me.)

PGNet said:

> If, in the Fedora Management Console GUI I click through to the
> Servers & Applications Tab, and select the Server, I get a "Class
> Loader Error" dialog,
> "Failed to instantiate Server Object for Directory Server (fds):
> com.netscape.admin.dirserv.DSAdmin"

I get the same error if I build all the components of the console in
to the same built directory (../built or whatever you changed it to).
Try deleting it between each one.

My notes on building the console on OS X can be found here
http://jadickinson.co.uk/test/howto/fedora-ds-console-on-os-x/

John