[Fedora-directory-users] LDAP proxy

Michal Rejda mrejda at kerio.com
Fri Apr 10 12:32:47 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I’m trying to setup proxy on FDS to another LDAP server (OpenLDAP and Active Directory). I tried two ways, but none of these works:

1) New database link to LDAP server.
                - The remote LDAP server (OpenLDAP) returns: null. manageDSAit control value not found

2) Create multiple-master replication and setup other server as consumer.
                - But this  show error: 255 Replication error acquiring replica: unknown error.

My question is: Is there way how to setup proxy to access another LDAP server from Fedora DS? I know that is possible to use AD sync, but I cannot install anything on the AD server. The second reason why I need to setup proxy is to use data stored in LDAP server (OpenLDAP, Open Direcoty Server and Active Directory) in one place. I need to update them too. It is not necessary to synchronize passwords.

Thank you for reply.

Regards,
Michal