[Fedora-directory-users] Trouble starting 1.2.0 on debian lenny.

Ryan Braun [ADS] ryan.braun at ec.gc.ca
Wed Apr 15 16:32:26 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 14 April 2009 19:41:26 Rob Crittenden wrote:
> > gcc -shared -Wl,-soname -Wl,libssldap60.so     -o libssldap60.so
> > ./clientinit.o ./ldapsinit.o ./errormap.o  -L../../../../../dist/lib
> > -lldap60 -lprldap60 -L/usr/lib/ -lssl3 -lnss3 -lsoftokn3  -L/usr/lib/
> > -lplc4 -lplds4 - lnspr4
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsoftokn3
>
> You shouldn't need to link this in at all.
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/nss-3.4/nss-3.4-release-no
>tes.html

I've tried adding a CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.1 -Wl, '-rpath=/usr/lib/nss' and the configure bailed here

checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc... /usr/bin/gcc-4.1 -Wl, -rpath-link=/usr/lib/nss
checking whether the C compiler (/usr/bin/gcc-4.1 -Wl, -rpath-link=/usr/lib/nss  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

Also tried adding a CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.1 -Wl, -Xlinker -rpath-link -Xlinker /usr/lib/nss,  and that also failed.  But it at least made it passed the check.

gcc-4.1: -rpath-link: linker input file unused because linking not done
gcc-4.1: /usr/lib/nss: linker input file unused because linking not done
/usr/bin/gcc-4.1 -Xlinker -rpath-link -Xlinker /usr/lib/nss -o errormap.o -c     -pipe -ansi -Wall -pthread -g -fno-inline -fPIC  -DDEBUG_root -DDEBUG=1 -DXP_UNIX=1 -D_POSIX_SOURCE=1 -D_BSD_SOURCE=1 -D_SVID_SOURCE=1 -
D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE=1 -DHAVE_FCNTL_FILE_LOCKING=1 -DLINUX=1 -Dlinux=1 -Di386=1 -DHAVE_LCHOWN=1 -DHAVE_STRERROR=1 -DHAVE_GETADDRINFO=1 -DHAVE_GETNAMEINFO=1 -DHAVE_SASL=1 -DHAVE_SASL_OPTIONS=1 -
DLDAP_SASLIO_HOOKS=1 -D_REENTRANT=1  -DFORCE_PR_LOG -D_PR_PTHREADS -UHAVE_CVAR_BUILT_ON_SEM -DUSE_WAITPID -DNEEDPROTOS -DLDAP_DEBUG  -DNET_SSL  -DNO_LIBLCACHE -DLDAP_REFERRALS     -DNS_DOMESTIC  -DLINUX2_0
-DLINUX1_2 -DLINUX2_1 -I../../../../../dist/public/ldap -I../../../ldap/include -I../../../../../dist/./include -I../../../../../dist/include -I/usr/include/nss/ -I/usr/include/nspr/  errormap.c
gcc-4.1: -rpath-link: linker input file unused because linking not done
gcc-4.1: /usr/lib/nss: linker input file unused because linking not done
======= making ./libssldap60.so
/usr/bin/gcc-4.1 -Xlinker -rpath-link -Xlinker /usr/lib/nss -shared -Wl,-soname -Wl,libssldap60.so     -o libssldap60.so ./clientinit.o ./ldapsinit.o ./errormap.o  -L../../../../../dist/lib -lldap60 -lprldap60 -L/usr/lib/ -lssl3 -lnss3 -lsoftokn3  -L/usr/lib/ -
lplc4 -lplds4 -lnspr4
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsoftokn3
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libssldap60.so] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/fdsbuildscripts/mozldap/mozldap-6.0.5/mozilla/directory/c-sdk/ldap/libraries/libssldap'
make[2]: *** [export] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/fdsbuildscripts/mozldap/mozldap-6.0.5/mozilla/directory/c-sdk/ldap/libraries'
make[1]: *** [export] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/fdsbuildscripts/mozldap/mozldap-6.0.5/mozilla/directory/c-sdk/ldap'
make: *** [export] Error 2
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `/tmp/fdsbuildscripts/mozldap/mozldap-6.0.5/mozilla/dist/lib/libssldap60.so': No such file or directory
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `/tmp/fdsbuildscripts/mozldap/mozldap-6.0.5/mozilla/dist/bin/ldapsearch': No such file or directory
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `/tmp/fdsbuildscripts/mozldap/mozldap-6.0.5/mozilla/dist/bin/ldapmodify': No such file or directory
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `/tmp/fdsbuildscripts/mozldap/mozldap-6.0.5/mozilla/dist/bin/ldapdelete': No such file or directory
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `/tmp/fdsbuildscripts/mozldap/mozldap-6.0.5/mozilla/dist/bin/ldapcmp': No such file or directory
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `/tmp/fdsbuildscripts/mozldap/mozldap-6.0.5/mozilla/dist/bin/ldapcompare': No such file or directory
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `/tmp/fdsbuildscripts/mozldap/mozldap-6.0.5/mozilla/dist/bin/ldappasswd': No such file or directory
dpkg-deb: building package `mozldap' in `/usr/src/debs/mozldap-lenny-6.0.5.deb'.
dpkg-deb: building package `mozldap-dev' in `/usr/src/debs/mozldap-dev-lenny-6.0.5.deb'.
dpkg-deb: building package `mozldap-tools' in `/usr/src/debs/mozldap-tools-lenny-6.0.5.deb'.

Would I be safe to assume,  the original error,

[14/Apr/2009:12:58:17 -0400] - SSL alert: Security Initialization: NSS
initialization failed (Netscape Portable Runtime error -5977 - Failure to load
dynamic library.): certdir: /etc/dirsrv/slapd-lenny
[14/Apr/2009:12:58:17 -0400] - ERROR: NSS Initialization Failed.

Is a problem with mozldap not being linked properly?  If so,  how do I pass the proper options to ld?

Ryan