[Fedora-directory-users] Slowly the network under control of FDS works

Jérôme Fenal jfenal at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 13:44:08 UTC 2009

2009/4/26 Сафонов Алексей <alex-saf at npc.vrn.ru>:
> Colleagues!
>
> At me the network on the basis of FDS 1.1 is developed. At the moment the quantity of computers - clients FDS does not exceed 40. Client computers on the basis of Fedora 10. Nevertheless, on computers of clients after a while all starts to work very slowly. Slowly start programs and etc. It occurs only to users FDS. If to come on the computer under the local user - all is normal.
> Tuning of productivity FDS (http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Performance_Tuning) has been made.
>
> How it is possible to solve a problem?

Where is the problem ? on clients (run nscd ?) or on the server(s) ?
Can you caracterize better the problem than "starts to work very
slowly" ? What is slow ? Login ? Password validation ?

You'll need to tell more information about your setup, and modules
using LDAP on your clients.
If the problem looks to be on the server, then how it is setup, on
what kind of hardware (or VM hypervisor).

Regards,

J.

--
Jérôme Fenal - jfenal AT gmail.com - http://fenal.org/