[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and opensuse 11.0

Jeff Garner jeff.garner at sanmina-sci.com
Tue Feb 3 01:26:37 UTC 2009

Currently we are attempting to roll-out some opensuse 11.0 machines
using FDS.  When I configure the client, I add the required entries for
server, base dn, users, password, groups.  Under advanced configuration
though, There is ConfigurationBase DN.  Can someone explain to me what
this is?

i see that OpenLDAP has a plugin called yast.schema.  However, I am a
bit fuzzy  a) does FDS need some sort of plugin to allow us to use the
Configuration Base DN, and b)  What exactly is it used for.  The
Opensuse docs is sort of thin regarding the ldap client.

Can any of you shed a bit of light on this so we can make a decision if
it is something that we would like to use.
  if you could give schema examples that would be great.

Regards,

Jeff Garner