[Fedora-directory-users] password policy help

Aaron Mills aaron.mills at returnpath.net
Fri Feb 20 22:24:41 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I¹m looking for some direction with regard to implementing password policy
in unix authentication. I followed the ppolicy instructions here:

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:PAM

In the UI, I¹ve enabled password policy in the database, then on the
relevant subtree. I¹ve enabled password aging, history, and alphanumeric
standards. But it looks like Fedora DS is still letting me change my
password to anything, and doesn¹t maintain a history. Clearly I¹m missing
something. I¹ve checked out google and some of the list history to no avail.
Is there another doc I should take a look at, or has anyone run into this?

Thanks,

    -Aaron

--
Aaron Mills