[Fedora-directory-users] autofs + LDAP

Brian Kosick bkosick at mxlogic.com
Wed Jan 14 00:42:31 UTC 2009

Hello all,

A little more info..

I'm using the 75autofs.ldif schema....

I tried adding --ghost to both the end and the beginning of the
automountinformation entry...

automountInformation: -soft,intr,nodev,tcp,ro
itchy.corp.mxlogic.com:/var/qa --ghost

causes autofs not to mount at all...

automountInformation: --ghost -soft,intr,nodev,tcp,ro
itchy.corp.mxlogic.com:/var/qa

Causes autofs to mount like so:

itchy.qa.mxlogic.com:/var/qa on /software/internal type nfs
(ro,nodev,-ghost,soft,intr,tcp,addr=10.70.0.185)

-ghost should not be a NFS mount option....

Would using a different Schema help?  There seems to be at least 2
schemas floating around the nis one and the 2307bis one.   and one that
has a automountKey entry (Though this one may be part of one of the
other two)

Thanks,
Brian