[Fedora-directory-users] LDAP Proxy in Fedora Directory Server

Tim Hartmann hartmann at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 16 03:56:47 UTC 2009

Hi

I've got a question on referrals and proxy in RHDS. I'm in mid migration
from OpenLDAP and I ran into this stansa in the slapd.conf of the old
replicas.

database        ldap
suffix          "cn=OracleContext,dc=school,dc=edu"
uri             ldap://oidnames.sub.school.edu:8010/

>From what I understand this is a proxy to one of our sister
organizations LDAP servers (Sun Directory Server I think)

I've been trying to replicate this functionality in my RHDS
installation, and  so far i've not been able to. I've tried default
referrals and that doesn't seem to work. I've tried to use smart
referrals, but that doesn't seem to be the right usage for smart referrals.

Will RHDS / FDS do LDAP proxying? Is there some other way that I should
set up referrals to allow this sort of functionality to work?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tim