[Fedora-directory-users] idm-console does not accept cert

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Sun Jan 18 00:59:49 UTC 2009

Hello, all.  We are working on implementing SSL on our directory server.
Our test environment is using Centos using console framework 1.1.1 and
ds centos-ds-8.0.0-1.4.el5.centos.4.  When we attempt to login to
centos-idm-console, we receive an error that the certificate this server
presents is either untrusted or unknown.  When we view the cert, the
note under details says "Untrusted issuer".  However, if we look in
Manage Certificates for the Administration Server (I assume the console
is logging into the Administration Server but the same is true for the
Directory Server), we see the CA cert as trusted and see the certificate
chain.  Everything looks correct.  Why is the console not trusting the
CA cert? Is it looking for it someplace else? If so, where?

More details:
I'm assuming the problem is the CA cert.  The admin server cert details
are:
cn=ldap01admin.ssiservices.biz
There are DNS entries in subjAltName of:
ldap01.ssiservices.biz
ldap01
ldap01admin
and there is an IP address entry.

I get the same problem connecting to
https://ldap01admin.ssiservices.biz:9830 as
https://ldap01.ssiservices.biz:9830

--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

Street Preacher: Are you SAVED?????!!!!!!
Educated Skeptic: Saved from WHAT?????!!!!!!
Educated Believer: From our selfishness that hurts the ones we love
                   and condemns us to an eternity of hurting each other.
http://www.spiritualoutreach.com
Christianity that makes sense