[Fedora-directory-users] Modify Admin Port via LDIF

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 21:07:35 UTC 2009

Chun Tat David Chu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question.  Can you modify the admin port via LDIF?
No, not entirely.  You have to change it in both LDAP and in the
console.conf file.  In LDAP, do a search like this:
ldapsearch -x -D "cn=directory manager" -w password -b o=netscaperoot
nsServerPort=9830
to find the entry , then use ldapmodify on that entry.  After you do
that, edit console.conf and change the Listen directive.  Then restart
the admin server - it should listen on the new port.