[Fedora-directory-users] Proper way to generate a server certificate.

Chavez, James R. james.chavez at sanmina-sci.com
Wed Jan 28 21:24:16 UTC 2009

Mr. Rich, you responded!!
Thank you

Thing is I generate a certificate request but am having issues importing
it...
I generate a key and cert with..
"openssl genrsa -des3 -out server.key 2048" for the key
"openssl req -new -key server.key -out server.csr"
I send it to the Novell Admin and sends back a server.b64 file.
I try and import it through the gui as a server cert and it fails saying
that.

" Either the certificate is for another server or the certificate was
not requested using this server and the selected security device
"internal (software)""

I can import it as a CA cert but it shows as a broken chain and it is
supposed to be server cert anyway.

Any ideas on how to properly import this base 64 signed cert?
Perhaps certutil or openssl commands?

Thank You
James

Openssl