[389-users] Upgrading a Schema

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jul 7 15:10:28 UTC 2009

DANIEL CRISTIAN CRUZ wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've upgraded from 1.1.X to 1.2.0, but when looking at console,
> version 1.1.X still there.

Run setup-ds-admin.pl -u after upgrade - this will refresh the version
displayed in the console - (note - cannot do this during rpm -U because
you usually need to supply the admin password)

> On one server, which doesn't have memborOf plugin in list (1.1.0
> install), still without it, even after upgrade.

Right.  Upgrade does not add the plugin entry.  Just shutdown the
server, copy/paste the entry from
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.1/admin/Advanced_Entry_Management-Using_Groups.html#groups-cmd-memberof
to the dse.ldif for your server, and restart.

> How do I upgrade schemas?

Which schemas?

> How do I upgrade the available plugins?

You'll have to copy/paste the plugin entry to your dse.ldif, from either
the documentation or the template dse.ldif in
/usr/share/dirsrv/data/template-dse.ldif