[389-users] Re: Password lookup to AD

Prashanth Sundaram psundaram at wgen.net
Mon Jul 13 21:15:40 UTC 2009

Thanks Nathan.

I found some old threads discussing the same issue.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-directory-users/2006-November/msg0030
1.html

Question1: Do I still need PassSync.msi installed on the Win server?

Question2: How does this work exactly? This is what I understand: Any user
who log on, the query first goes to FDS and then PTA-plugin quries the AD.

Question3: What is exactly AD Chaining? I get the literal meaning that, AD
is a symlink to the ldap DB on the FDS. I would like to know clear
distinction between the two. (AD Chaining and Pass-thru)

I am sorry, if I am repeating any questions. I am new to unix and learning
on my own.

Thank you so much, your help is greatly appreciated.

Prashanth