[389-users] FDS authentication through AD

Prashanth Sundaram psundaram at wgen.net
Tue Jul 14 18:25:30 UTC 2009

Dear All,

I would like to build a system where the FDS authentication is delegated to
Active Directory. I do not want the password to be stored in FDS or Synced
using PassSync.msi.

I am asking the community if anyone has come this way? I am trying to put
together the pieces of this puzzle with PAM, Pass-through Authentication,
Winbind, Windows ADAM and ADFS, Samba etc.

I would like to get some comments and see if this can be achieved without
modifying the code.(As Rich mentioned: ³what type of PAM stack to use to
authenticate to AD²)

Anyone interested in working along me or correct me at stages of
implementation?

Note: I have couple of posts in today¹s thread with feedback from Rich
Megginson and Nathan Kinder. This post is to seek problems someone might
have faced and work together.

Thanks
Prashanth