[389-users] Console error from Winsrv 2003

Prashanth Sundaram psundaram at wgen.net
Wed Jul 15 16:55:16 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I am trying to access the FDS using Java mgmt. console installed on Windows
Server 2003. There was a similar case posted before, but I mine differs as I
have not changed any hostname.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-directory-users/2008-February/msg0023
0.html

Error Message:
³Initialization Failure
Cannot connect to the directory server ldap://fedorads-lin.fedorads.net:389
LDAP Error: failed to connect to server ldap://fedorads-lin.fedorads.net:389

Would you like to attempt to restart the Directory Server?²
System: Fedora 11 and FedoraDS 1.1.3, Selinux and Firewall disabled
Winserver 2003 and FedoraConsole 20090403.msi. Also has DNS, DHCP, DC and AD
roles. I have NAT enabled on this machine, so the firewall is disabled.

Installation: I had everything default and the hostname is
fedorads-lin(never changed). The mgmt. console works fine on Unix box.

Console details: User: cn=Directory Manager, Pass:** , URL:
http://192.178.1.12:9830

Test conducted: I am able to ping fedorads-lin via IP and DN(DNS is fine).
Disabled Firewall and SElinux on FDS box. Checked Name resolution, fine.

Suspected Problem: Previously when firewall was enabled, I got a different
message like server is not running..... So I am sure it is able to connect
to the FDS but just not initializing.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Prashanth