[389-users] Latest Fedora/389 releases

Techie techchavez at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 17:44:12 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Rich Megginson<rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:
> Techie wrote:
>>
>> I have what I think is a valid question regarding this..
>>
>> So say I have my FC8 box acting as one of two MMR members and the CA
>> for all my SSL operations including replication and client access.
>>
>> What is the safe process to upgrade/rebuild the box to FC11 and keep
>> replication agreements and the SSL certs valid or intact. The
>> replication agreements are all over SSL and the certs were issued by
>> this machine. If I take this box down to rebuild/upgrade, the certs
>> will be invalid in my environment correct?
>
> Why would they be invalid?
Well it may be just a lack of understanding on my part.
My thinking was that this host issued all the SSL certs and I would be
rebuilding the box, this in turn may adversely effect the SSL
communications. Judging from your response I assume this is incorrect.
All hosts involved in replication have the CA cert and their server
certs (both issued from this box) in their certificate stores. Because
of this perhaps the SSL communication will still function normally. I
have an idea of what I need to do. I will do some research/testing and
see how things go.

Thank you

>>> 389-users at redhat.com