[389-users] Cert check in replication ?

Emmanuel BILLOT emmanuel.billot at ird.fr
Thu Jun 4 07:56:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Sun, 17 May 2009 i posted a message about DNS name check in
replication between FDS servers.

It seems that the name which the certificate gives is not checked (one
can give any DNS hostname, replication works).
We also had this behaviour this on S1DS on Solaris 9.

However, on RHDS, here is the error message :

[04/Jun/2009:09:53:28 +0200] slapi_ldap_bind - Error: could not send
bind request for id [cn=replication manager,cn=config] mech [SIMPLE]:
error 81 (Can't contact LDAP server) -12276 (Unable to communicate
securely with peer: requested domain name does not match the server's
certificate.) 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)

Both FDS and RHDS have been configured with the same config.
The only way we found different is the OS (Centos for FDS, RHEL5 for
RHDS, Solaris 9 for S1DS).

Does anyone can found any explication ?

Emmanuel BILLOT
IRD - Orléans
Délégation aux Systèmes d'Information (DSI)
tél : 02 38 49 95 88