[389-users] error: failed to install local copy of fedora-ds-1.1.jar

lejeczek lejeczek at jatymy.org
Tue Jun 9 13:54:25 UTC 2009

hi everybody,
error is from idm console, rpms are as follows:
fedora-ds-base-1.2.0-4.fc9.x86_64
fedora-ds-dsgw-1.1.2-1.fc9.x86_64
fedora-ds-base-devel-1.2.0-4.fc9.x86_64
fedora-ds-console-1.2.0-1.fc9.noarch
fedora-ds-admin-1.1.7-3.fc9.x86_64
fedora-ds-admin-console-1.1.3-1.fc9.noarch

and yet, even if I delete ~/.fedora-idm-console and start console, I can
connect to admin servers but not do ds
and when above folder gets created anew after manual deleteion files
actually copied from, I guess, /usr/share/dirsrv/html/java/
and not linked as they used to be, linking would be better - not?
and this numbering versions nomenclature is a bit messy, there in
~/.fedo... should be fedora-{ds,admin} linked to
correct versions in /usr/share/dirsrv/html/java/

so my call for help is - what is missing, I rpm'ed above packages but it
did not help
i can copy files by hand but I expect it to work out of box - no?

cheers everybody