[389-users] Problem to create a root entry

jean-Noël Chardron Jean-Noel.Chardron at dr15.cnrs.fr
Tue Jun 9 15:20:34 UTC 2009

Rich Megginson a écrit :
> jean-Noël Chardron wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> Rich Megginson a écrit :

>>> This is one of the only operations the console admin cannot do.  You
>>> must log into the console as cn=directory manager in order to create
>>> a root entry.
>>
>> I am loging into the console as cn=directory manager !!
>> (I suppose the console is started by the application
>> "fedora-idm-console"
>> I write in the Management Console : the User ID (cn=Directory
>> Manager) the password (of course) and the Administration URL :
>> (http://localhost:9830 )
>> Is there an another way to log ?
> Sure, you can use ldapmodify to add the entry.

I tried it according to chapter 2.2.2 in the book Redhat directory server
but i get an error :

# ldapmodify -a -x   -D "cn=directory manager" -w password
dn: dc=ad,dc=dr15,dc=cnrs,dc=fr objectClass: domain

adding new entry "dc=ad,dc=dr15,dc=cnrs,dc=fr objectClass: domain"
ldap_add: No such object (32)

then I tried :
dn: dc=ad,dc=dr15,dc=cnrs,dc=fr
objectClass: domain
objectclass: top
dc: ad

adding new entry "dc=ad,dc=dr15,dc=cnrs,dc=fr"
ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
    additional info: unknown object class "top       " (remove the
trailing spaces)

then :
dn: dc=ad,dc=dr15,dc=cnrs,dc=fr
objectClass: domain
dc: ad

adding new entry "dc=ad,dc=dr15,dc=cnrs,dc=fr"

éh great, it's working
thanks,

Ok now i'am going to do a replica of Active Directory, may be  others
bugs ...

>>> 389-users at redhat.com

Jean-Noel Chardron
Délégation CNRS Aquitaine et Limousin