[389-users] Performance cuestions about ds.

Julio Gómez Belmonte julio at openinside.es
Mon Jun 15 09:34:23 UTC 2009

Hello everybody,

This is my first message to the list, so I hope don't make recurring questions.

My question concerns the performance of directory server, I have a directory with a large number of entries, ~ 20,000 objects. My question is: When I receive a too large query, the directory will be suspended until they answer this query. I could see that there are options to determine the threads that will use the directory (nsslapd-threadnumber), persistent searches and apply administrative limits to the queries. I am evaluating what changes to implement but I have several doubts. When I run the directory, I get a single process (ns-slapd) which is consuming 100% CPU when doing too long queries, if we have a multi-thread support, should appear multiple processes or Directory threads (ns-slapd)? Recommendations that could be followed in a case like this?

Thanks and best regards,