[389-users] GID error

Doug Coats dcoatshca at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 22:03:35 UTC 2009

That did it.  Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

For those coming after me.  Create a group with the same name as the user.
Add the posixgroup to that groups Objectclass.  Fill in the gidnumber with
the same gid number you used when you created the user.

Now it shows up as expected when I list the directory and I get no error on
changing to that user.

One last question on this topic.  Is there a way to get that show up in the
form that you create the group from?  It would be nice not to have to do
that for each user group that you create.

That being said I will probably just create a large ldif file will all my
user and group information.  Is this the place just to import it set up
correctly so that I don't waste my time trying to tweak the form?

Thanks again!