[389-users] OS to authenticate to DS using TLS

Doug Coats dcoatshca at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 00:25:08 UTC 2009

So my next hurdle I am tackling SSL certificates.  I produced self-signed
certificates and have installed them in through the Management Console.  I
can run the Management Console using a secure connection.

Linux uses DS to authenticate (configured using System > Administration >
Authentication and enableing LDAP support).  If I try to "Use TLS to encrypt
connection" I can't program a URL that will let me download the CA
Certificate successfully. I hope that all made sence.

Am I missing something?  Do I need this?

Thanks for any advise!