[389-users] OS to authenticate to DS using TLS

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Wed Jun 17 01:34:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-16 at 19:25 -0500, Doug Coats wrote:
> So my next hurdle I am tackling SSL certificates.  I produced
> self-signed certificates and have installed them in through the
> Management Console.  I can run the Management Console using a secure
> connection.
>
> Linux uses DS to authenticate (configured using System >
> Administration > Authentication and enableing LDAP support).  If I try
> to "Use TLS to encrypt connection" I can't program a URL that will let
> me download the CA Certificate successfully. I hope that all made
> sence.
>
> Am I missing something?  Do I need this?
<snip>

Sorry, I don't quite follow.  I know it was a difficult to follow post
but I did post how we set up SSL communications including the client
side setup.  We simply copied the CA cert to the clients (servers using
LDAP for authentication) via scp - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation