[389-users] Help Needed -----Linux Ldap Client machine unable to login Fedors DS

Hakuna Matata narender.hooda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 11:31:23 UTC 2009

Jean
Thanks for a quick reply.

Client IP address is 192.168.5.4
yes these files are from client only.

*/etc/pam.d/system-auth *
 This file is auto-generated.
auth        required      pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    pam_unix.so nullok try_first_pass
auth        requisite     pam_succeed_if.so uid >= 500 quiet
auth        sufficient    pam_ldap.so use_first_pass
auth        required      pam_deny.so

account     required      pam_unix.so broken_shadow
account     sufficient    pam_succeed_if.so uid < 500 quiet
account     [default=bad success=ok user_unknown=ignore] pam_ldap.so
account     required      pam_permit.so

password    requisite     pam_cracklib.so try_first_pass retry=3
password    sufficient    pam_unix.so md5 shadow nullok try_first_pass
use_authtok
password    sufficient    pam_ldap.so use_authtok
password    required      pam_deny.so

session     optional      pam_keyinit.so revoke
session     required      pam_limits.so
session     optional      pam_keyinit.so revoke
session     required      pam_limits.so
session     [success=1 default=ignore] pam_succeed_if.so service in crond
quiet use_uid
session     required      pam_unix.so
session     optional      pam_ldap.so

and* /etc/pam.d/login  *

#%PAM-1.0
auth [user_unknown=ignore success=ok ignore=ignore default=bad]
pam_securetty.so
auth       include      system-auth
account    required     pam_nologin.so
account    include      system-auth
password   include      system-auth
# pam_selinux.so close should be the first session rule
session    required     pam_selinux.so close
session    include      system-auth
session    required     pam_loginuid.so
session    optional     pam_console.so
# pam_selinux.so open should only be followed by sessions to be executed in
the user context
session    required     pam_selinux.so open
session    optional     pam_keyinit.so force revoke
~

 what is the *uid of the user test01 in the FDS*

uid is t01

and under Posix user

uid numbe  =2223                                (i manually gave this)
gid number=2223
home dire = /home/test
login shell=/bin/test

and then i create a directory with name "test" under /home ...........eg.
mkdir /home/test

Best Regards
--H