[389-users] Trouble using self signed certificates.

Dumbo Q dumboq at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 24 18:28:10 UTC 2009

To answer a few questions,
Searching for any thing about ldap.conf in google gave me a lot of openldap specific stuff.  Sorry to have to post into this mailling list, but I figure that if im having this much trouble getting this to work, then there is a good chance others are too.

I've tried a few combinations of these and none have worked for me.
TLS_CACERT is pointing to CACert's root certificate.

Here is the current tail of my ldap.conf file.
TLS_CACERT /etc/pki/tls/certs/cacert.org-root.txt
TLS_CACERT_DIR /etc/pki/tls/certs
TLS_REQCERT  allow
uri ldaps://rhds.example.com:636/
ssl no
#tls_cacertdir /etc/pki/tls/certs
pam_password ssha

Interestingly enough,  it worked after doing the following.
cat /etc/pki/tls/certs/cacert.org-root.txt >> /etc/pki/tls/cert.pem
This is the symlink to ca-bundle.crt

My fear with this, is that I'll run a yum -y update on all my servers, and then nobody will be able to log in anywhere.