[389-users] Finger slow and optimizing performance

Andrey Ivanov andrey.ivanov at polytechnique.fr
Fri Jun 26 06:35:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

There may be several attributes of interest to you as far as the memory
consumption is concerned (
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.1/cli/Configuration_Command_File_Reference-Plug_in_Implemented_Server_Functionality_Reference-Database_Plug_in_Attributes.html)
:
nsslapd-dbcachesize
nsslapd-cachememsize for every backend (by default, your data is in
cn=userRoot,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config)
nsslapd-import-cachesize (used only during ldif import)

You can adjust the corresponding values by monitoring the attributes like
currententrycachesize or entrycachehitratio of
cn=monitor,cn=userRoot,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config (
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.1/cli/Configuration_Command_File_Reference-Plug_in_Implemented_Server_Functionality_Reference-Database_Plug_in_Attributes.html#Configuration_Command_File_Reference-Database_Plug_in_Attributes-Database_Attributes_under_cnmonitor_cnldbm_database_cnplugins_cnconfig
)