[389-users] Perl/python script to sync with AD

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Nov 6 18:56:56 UTC 2009

Prashanth Sundaram wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I finally got the 389-ds working with PAM-PTA and everything looks
> fine so far. I am investigating on scripting the AD sync using
> perl/python/ldapscripts(shell). Anybody has any advice on the choice.
> I see perl’s Net:LDAP is pretty comprehensive with easy to use
> functions, but just in case if your opinion differs. I have a Perl
> script which partially does the job and wouldn't mind sharing if you
> want to take a peep.
>
> requirements:
>
>    1. Sync one-way from AD --> LDAP with only posix attributes.
>    2. Disable/delete accounts in ldap if disabled/deleted in AD.
>    3. Sync Groups and its members.

Sounds very nice. I'm sure the 389 community would be interested. Is the
code available on the web somewhere? What is the license?

I have a python-ldap module which implements support for the AD DirSync
control (which is what 389 winsync uses to get changes from AD). It is
available here - http://github.com/richm/scripts - dirsyncctrl.py

If you need a place to keep track of your code, I recommend github.