[389-users] Pass Sync Doesn't Work

Doug Tucker tuckerd at lyle.smu.edu
Fri Sep 4 18:59:51 UTC 2009

Greetings All,

This is a last ditch effort on my part to try to find a solution.  I
have spent 2 months preparing, testing, and troubleshooting a FDS to AD
sync.  User accounts sync fine both ways, but unfortunately that part is
not what we are truly after.  We already have a user account process for
creating the accounts in both place, what we are after is password
syncing between FDS and MS AD.  The Pass Sync utility has been installed
on the PDC AD machine, and the service is running, but best we can tell
it simply isn't doing anything.  If you change a password in AD, it does
not get replicated to FDS.  I'm really not sure where to go from here.
I was hoping to find a log where passync was writing the changes to be
replicated just to see if it was capturing them, but cannot find in the
documentation where that exists.  I did find the log on the passync
directory, but all it shows is the startup of the service.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Doug Tucker
SMU