[389-users] nsAIMpresence error

Angelo Babudro tech.support at ixo.ca
Thu Apr 8 20:52:47 UTC 2010

Greetings.

I am a first-time user of the 389 DS -- version 1.1.3-6.el5 installed
from the EPEL RPMs.

When I try to enter my first user, using web interface, I keep running
into an error when trying to enter people that says:

An error occured while contacting the LDAP server.
(Object class violation - unknown object class "nsaimpresence")

I've scanned the files in /etc/dirsrv as well as /usr/share/dirsrv (grep
-ri nsaim) but the only thing I see is nsaimid.  There doesn't seem to
be anyone else talking about this, which makes me think I must've done
something wrong, but whatever it is I've done it again:  after erasing
and starting over I'm back at the same roadblock.  I can enter groups,
OUs, anything but people.

I found a reference to 10presence.ldif being deprecated and an old
schema from RHDS 6.2 docs, but trying to re-create that file got me nowhere.

Can anyone tell me how to get past this problem?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-- Angelo