[389-users] Random failures on startTLS

Chun Tat David Chu beyonddc.storage at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 19:38:44 UTC 2010

Aaron,

I read thru the e-mail chain but perhaps I missed it.  What exactly is the
issue you are having regarding startTLS, ABANDON request and 389 Directory?
Is it causing some unexpected behavior?

I too use startTLS in my JNDI client but I don't recall seeing anything that
you are experiencing except the persistent search that Rich was talking
about.

FYI (For your information), I narrowed down what triggers an ABANDON request
within JNDI for persistent search by tracing the JNDI code that came as part
of OpenJDK.

- David