[389-users] Unregister a server

Mister Anonyme benetage at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 19 18:24:55 UTC 2010

> Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:15:18 -0600
> From: rmeggins at redhat.com
> To: 389-users at lists.fedoraproject.org
> Subject: Re: [389-users] Unregister a server

> I think you can just remove the machine entry from under o=NetscapeRoot
> in the console, go to the directory server browser
> expand o=NetscapeRoot, then ou=yourdomain.com
> There should be an entry called cn=fqdn.of.removed.machine
> you can just use the console tools to delete that node - it and all
> children should be deleted

Yeah, that was my first thought but I wasn't sure.  I just did it and it worked.

I also removed two entries of this server from: ou=UserPreferences,ou=domain.com,o=NetscapeRoot

It would be nice to have a tool that will does everything when we remove a server from the console.  Just an idea.

Thank you!