[389-users] Announcing 389 Directory Server 1.2.6 Release Candidate 6

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Aug 5 14:45:24 UTC 2010

The 389 team is pleased to announce the availability of Release
Candidate 6 of version 1.2.6.  This release has several bug fixes.

Note: RC4 and RC5 were never released.

***We need your help!  Please help us test this software.***  It is a
release candidate, so it may have a few glitches, but it has been tested
for regressions and for new feature bugs.  The Fedora system
strongly encourages packages to be in Testing until verified and pushed
to Stable.  If we don't get any feedback while the packages are in
Testing, the packages will remain in limbo, or get pushed to Stable.

The more testing we get, the faster we can release these packages to
Stable.  See the Release Notes for information about how to provide
testing feedback (or just send an email to
389-users at lists.fedoraproject.org).

The packages that need testing are:
* 389-ds-base-1.2.6.rc6 - 389-ds-base
* 389-admin-1.1.11.rc2 - 389-admin

More information
* Release Notes - http://port389.org/wiki/Release_Notes
* Install_Guide - http://port389.org/wiki/Install_Guide
* Download - http://port389.org/wiki/Download

=== Bugs Fixed ===
This release contains several bug fixes.  The complete list of bugs
fixed is found at the link below.  Note that bugs marked as MODIFIED
have been fixed but are still in testing.
* Tracking bug for 1.2.6 release -
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=543590&hide_resolved=0
** Bug 617013 - repl-monitor.pl use cpu upto 90%
** Bug 616618 - 389 v1.2.5 accepts 2 identical entries with different DN
format
** Bug 547503 - replication broken again, with 389 MMR replication and
TCP errors
** Bug 613833 - Allow dirsrv_t to bind to rpc ports
** Bug 612242 - membership change on DS does not show on AD
** Bug 617629 - Missing aliases in new schema files
** Bug 619595 - Upgrading sub suffix under non-normalized suffix disappears
** Bug 616608 - SIGBUS in RDN index reads on platforms with strict
alignments
** Bug 617862 - Replication: Unable to delete tombstone errors
** Bug 594745 - Get rid of dirsrv_lib_t label