[389-users] csngen_adjust_time: adjustment limit exceeded

Juan Asensio Sánchez okelet at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 17:15:17 UTC 2010

Hi

Thanks Rich for your answer. Just some questions:

> The bug that caused this to happen was fixed, but unfortunately cannot
> fix the bad nsState that already exists.  The problem is that the CSN
> generator attribute (nsState) in the cn=replica entry for the suffx is
> not cleaned up properly when you re-init replication.  In general, you
> can't do this, because you could generate CSNs that you have generated
> before.
>
> I think the solution here is to first unconfigure replication,

Must I unconfigure all the replicas, or just for the database giving
problems?

> then
> shutdown the servers, then dump the database(s) to LDIF,

I suppose I must export only the data (with db2lif), not the replica
information (with db2ldif.pl -r) because the server has shut down and this
last script requires the server to be running.

> then remove the
> nsState attribute.

When exporting the data, has any entry that attribute? Or from where remove
that attribute?

> You will have to do this on every server.  Then,
> start up, reconfigure replication, reload the data,

What do you want to say with "reload the data" and after "re-init the other
replicas"? Import the exported data in one server, and then re-init the rest
of the servers?

and re-init all of
> the other replicas.  Make sure all of your servers are in time sync
> before you begin.

Yes of course.

> I know this is a pain but I don't know any other way to get rid of the
> bad nsState.
> >
> > Regards and thanks in advance.

Regards and thanks in advance (again ;)).