[389-users] Clarification on admin server and console

Gerrard Geldenhuis Gerrard.Geldenhuis at betfair.com
Tue Aug 17 15:42:46 UTC 2010

>> replagreement.ldif
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> dn: cn=test-aggreement-name,cn=replica,cn=o\3Dnetscaperoot,cn=mapping tree,cn=config
>> changetype: add
>> objectClass: top
>> objectClass: nsDS5ReplicationAgreement
>> cn: test-aggreement-name
>> nsDS5ReplicaHost: 389-master02.example
>> nsDS5ReplicaPort: 389
>> nsDS5ReplicaBindDN: cn=Replication Manager
>> nsDS5ReplicaBindMethod: SIMPLE
>> nsDS5ReplicaRoot: o=netscaperoot
>> nsDS5ReplicaTransportInfo: TLS
>> nsDS5ReplicaCredentials: {DES}blahblah
>>
>You should add the nsDS5ReplicaCredentials as clear text and let the
>server encrypt it.
>
>This is a bug - if you remove the changetype: add it should work.
>Please file a bug about this issue.

Will file bug shortly. It still however does not work when I remove the changetype: add line.
Adding the replication user works,
Enabling the changelog works
but enabling the replica fails.
I have changed the ldif slightly to:

dn: cn=replica,cn="o=NetscapeRoot",cn=mapping tree,cn=config
objectClass: top
objectClass: nsDS5Replica
objectclass: extensibleObject
cn: replica
nsDS5ReplicaRoot: o=NetscapeRoot
nsDS5ReplicaId: 1
nsDS5ReplicaType: 3
nsDS5Flags: 1
nsds5ReplicaPurgeDelay: 604800
nsDS5ReplicaBindDN: cn=Replication Manager,cn=config

The log file:

+Entry cn=changelog5,cn=config is added
+Processing 03replica.ldif ...
+++check_and_add_entry: Entry not found cn=replica,cn="o=NetscapeRoot",cn=mapping tree,cn=config error No such object
+ERROR: adding an entry cn=replica,cn="o=NetscapeRoot",cn=mapping tree,cn=config failed, error: No such object
dn: cn=replica,cn="o=NetscapeRoot",cn=mapping tree,cn=config
objectclass: top
objectclass: nsDS5Replica
objectclass: extensibleObject
cn: replica
nsds5replicaroot: o=NetscapeRoot
nsds5replicaid: 1
nsds5replicatype: 3
nsds5flags: 1
nsds5replicapurgedelay: 604800
nsds5replicabinddn: cn=Replication Manager,cn=config

+ERROR: There was an error processing entry cn=replica,cn="o=NetscapeRoot",cn=mapping tree,cn=config
+Cannot continue processing entries.
Error adding entry 'cn=replica,cn="o=NetscapeRoot",cn=mapping tree,cn=config'.  Error: No such object
Error: Could not create directory server instance '389-master01'.
Exiting . . .

Regards