[389-users] Clarification on admin server and console

Gerrard Geldenhuis Gerrard.Geldenhuis at betfair.com
Tue Aug 17 18:03:46 UTC 2010

>Something else occurred to me. If you have a shared/replicated NetscapeRoot database and lets say 12 servers over 3 datacentres, 6 providers and 6 consumers. >You will end up with 12 servers in a multimaster group for the netscaperoot database but only 6 servers in a multi master setup for the userdata database. That >seems quite a lot of masters for NetscapeRoot. Is that considered to many and/or is there any recommendations when having that many servers?

To have all changes only 1 server away you need 28 replication agreements for 6 servers. Well at least for the userdb, 12 servers requieres LOT more replication agreements if you want changes replicating immediately to all servers. 24 Agreements if you are replicating sequentially. A lot more if you want all servers to replicate to all servers.
I guess one can live with NetscapeRoot changes taking a few minutes to arrive everywhere.

Regards