[389-users] Script to ingest audit file to database

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Aug 20 18:44:31 UTC 2010

Juan Asensio Sánchez wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has anyone developed a script to do that? I need this, but I want to
> be sure there is no a script that already exists. If not, I will do
> it. So, is there any library for Perl to analyze that file, i.e., give
> the list of entries, modifications made to that entries (add, modify,
> delete, modrdn), etc?
Net::LDAP might be able to handle LDIF change record syntax (as output
to the audit log).

> Also, could the Directory Server redirect the output of the audit to
> the input of that script instead of the file?
You could create the perl script as a named pipe.
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Named_Pipe_Log_Script - this is
in python, and I would encourage the use of python instead of perl, but
I don't think python-ldap can handle LDIF change record syntax (it can
handle regular LDIF just fine, and you may find that it is easy to
modify that to handle change record syntax rather than writing something
from scratch in perl.  Of course, if you are a perl hacker, I won't hold
that against you . . .)