[389-users] Automatic master/consumer initialization

Gerrard Geldenhuis Gerrard.Geldenhuis at betfair.com
Mon Aug 23 11:11:35 UTC 2010

Hi
Is there any difference between right clicking on a replication agreement just created and selecting the Initialize Consumer or letting "nature" go its course and letting replication happen in the next "cycle".

Up until now I have created replication agreements using the GUI, but I have now started doing it via ldif files. If I don't immediately run:
dn: cn=%repl-agreement-name%,cn=replica,cn=dc\3dCompany,cn=mapping tree,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: nsds5beginreplicarefresh
nsds5beginreplicarefresh: start

It seems to start on its own anyway. Having checked the data nothing looks wrong so I thought I would just double check.

Regards