[389-users] Jumping Jack

Gerrard Geldenhuis Gerrard.Geldenhuis at betfair.com
Tue Aug 24 17:36:37 UTC 2010

Hi
This probably ties together with my previous question about not all masters begin equal. If I am using the concept of "edge" servers in each DC can each server that has been initialized as a multi-master be used in turn to initialize other multi masters? I am testing this at the moment but wanted to clarify this. The documentation refers to a data master and it is not clear whether this is a "relative master" or single server amongst the crowd that is the only authoritative source.

dc1                                  dc2
master01 -> master 02 -> master03 -> master04

Thus,
master01 initializes master02.
master02 initializes master03
master03 initializes master04

Create repl agreements in the other direction but don't initialize and end up with:
dc1                                  dc2
master01 <-> master 02 <-> master03 <-> master04

Regards