[389-users] About how to create new attribute in 389 Directory Server

Gerrard Geldenhuis Gerrard.Geldenhuis at betfair.com
Wed Aug 25 08:55:19 UTC 2010

>_______________________________________

Having never done this myself I would recommend this page which explains how to create custom attributes.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.2/admin/html/schema-ldapmodify.html

If you are going to do this a lot you might consider getting a custom OID read more on about this on:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.2/admin/html/Customizing_the_Schema-Getting_and_Assigning_Object_Identifiers.html

Regards