[389-users] The installation error on the 389 LDAP

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Feb 1 15:50:19 UTC 2010

Majian wrote:
> Hi ,all :
>
>  During I install the 389 directory server ,the result is the following :

> ..
>
> Are your ready to set up you servers?
> Creating directory server ...
> Your new DS instance "xx" was successfully created .
>
> Creating the configuration directory server...
> Could not authenticate as user
> "uid=admin,ou=Administrators,ou=TopologyManagement,o=NetscapeRoot"
> to server "ldap://cds.mobilepeak.com.cn:389/o=NetscapeRoot
> <http://cds.mobilepeak.com.cn:389/o=NetscapeRoot>" . Error: Invaild
> credentials
>

> Could not register the directory server with the configuration
> directory server
> Exiting ....
>
> Log file is '/tmp/...."
>

> Why does it become  that ?  Could someone give some advices to me ?
>
> I installed the "centos directory server " on that server previously,
> but i have already remove all the file via "yum erase "centos-ds"."
>

> Maybe is it  associated with that ?
Yes.  If you have previously run setup-ds-admin.pl, you must run
remove-ds-admin.pl to completely remove everything.  In addition, yum
erase centos-ds will just remove the centos-ds "meta" package - if you
want to remove the actual real packages, do the following:
yum erase centos-ds-base centos-idm-console adminutil
after running remove-ds-admin.pl