[389-users] How to use existing SSL cert?

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 20:34:36 UTC 2010

>> seem to have locked myself out of some console functions.  I'm getting
>> "SSL related initialization failed" errors whenever I try to use any
>> of the console features.
>>
> 389-console -D 9
> let's see exactly what it's complaining about

I've only got a small handful of users so I simply reinstalled from
scratch and re-created the user database.  This time around I will
snapshot the entire virtual machine before making any more major
changes.  I have the directory server working now with TLS
authentication enabled.  It's working quite well now.  I have another
question related to replication, so I'll start a new thread with a
different subject.  Thanks again for your help importing my existing
certificate!