[389-users] With LDAP server stopped, local authentication fails...

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 20:59:20 UTC 2010

My LDAP server is working well, but at this point we're not ready to
make the jump over to LDAP-only authentication.  I would like to keep
regular shadow passwords working for a while.  I have run
authconfig-tui on one of the CentOS clients and made sure "Use MD5
passwords", "Use Shadow Passwords", and "Local Authorization is
Sufficient" are all checked.

If I stop the LDAP server though, I'm unable to log onto this server
with my ssh key or password.  Is there a way to keep shadow passwords
as a failover method for logging in if the LDAP server is down?