[389-users] How to use existing SSL cert?

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 21:59:46 UTC 2010

> You shouldn't have to import any certs into the console.  See
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.1/console/Starting_the_Server_with_SSL_Enabled-Enabling_SSL_in_the_DS_Admin_Server_and_Console.html

Step 2 says "Obtain and install server and CA certificates on the
Administration Server. This is a similar process as for the Directory
Server."

I guess I'm confused.  When I log on with the 389 console program I
see "Directory Server" and "Administration Server".  I imported my
certificate using the pk12util tool into /etc/dirsrv/slapd-example.
Do I also need to import the same certificate into
/etc/dirsrv/admin-serv?  Step 2 seems to be saying that is the case,
but I want to make sure it's the right thing to do.