[389-users] How to use existing SSL cert?

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 18:53:16 UTC 2010

> I will try and figure out how to get some console logging going on my
> windows 389 console client, since the Linux one never worked for me
> (the GUI was all messed up with no text on the buttons).  I'll post
> the log output here if I can get it.

I got this working, if anyone else needs the solution here's what I did:

Instead of importing the certificate twice, I simply copied the
cert8.db and key3.db files from /etc/dirsrv/slapd-example/ into
/etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/.  Now there are no problems and I'm able to
use https to log onto the console with the java gui client.