[389-users] memberOf problem

Moises Barba Perez mbarper at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 13:31:56 UTC 2010

Hi,

Platform: CentOs 5.4
389-ds- base version: 389-ds-base-1.2.4-1.el5

dc=test,dc=local
- o=o1
- ou=People
- uid=U11
- uid=U12
- ou=Groups
- cn=G11
- cn=G12

- o=o2
- ou=People
- uid=U21
- uid=U22
- ou=Groups
- cn=G21
- cn=G22

Simplifying, we have four servers, for two different databases. Each two are
multimaster of their own replica, and hub of the other replica (configured
as return referrals for update operations). In Suffix1 (database1) there are
users U11 and U12, and groups G11 and G12. In Suffix2 (database2) there are
users U21 and U22, and groups G21 and G22. If I add U11 to G11 from master
servers of database1, the attribute memberOf is generated in U11, but if I
add U21 to group U11, the attribute memberOf is not generated in the user
U21, as the database of the user is configured as return referrals for
update.

Thanks.
Moisés.