[389-users] Migrating to LDAP authentication

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 22:04:35 UTC 2010

> Is "invalid user" all you're seeing in the log? Generally, at least with
> OpenSSH, if the user is being denied because it's not in a valid group,
> the logs will say so. They'll also generally tell you if it's because it
> couldn't find the user at all (often with exactly what it did to try to
> find the user).

Here's what I'm seeing:

Feb 12 16:02:49 watcher sshd[953]: User scarolan from 10.2.3.102 not
allowed because none of user's groups are listed in AllowGroups

I have UsePAM turned on, and getent group shows me in the "operations"
group.  I wonder why sshd is not seeing that I'm in the operations
group?