[389-users] Migrating to LDAP authentication

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 22:23:02 UTC 2010

> If you're going to start mixing local and LDAP stuff that way, you're
> going to run into some fun-to-debug strangeness if you're not careful
> about them all being identical.

Thanks again for your help, I have this working now.  I had a comma in
my AllowGroups line instead of a space.

We're slowly extricating ourselves from the local authentication, but
this is quite a non-standard environment.  Once we have ldap running
rock-solid smooth we're planning to go back through and remove all
local users from /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow.