[389-users] Learning about 389

lunasilvermoon at gmail.com lunasilvermoon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 04:21:21 UTC 2010

Hello, I been using linux for years and I got my family to use
linux(forcibly hehe)and they love it.  Well I am in college I recently
took a class that uses Windows Active Directory, and I was wondering if
there was something equilvent to linux.  I heard the 389 prjoect was
somewhat close to that,  I have questions like can make roaming profile
for users, can I configure window clients, and so on.  Though I kinda
want to get your guys opinion how you guys started with 389.  Like
should I buy book based on LDAP, should I take some class related to
that, or relay on the internet to find all information.  Thank you for
your opinion.