[389-users] About nsMatchingRule in indexes

Juan Asensio Sánchez okelet at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 13:23:14 UTC 2010

Hi

I am trying to make our directory more "user friendly". We are in Spain, so
there are people names like mine, "Juan Asensio Sánchez" (Sánchez with
tilde). Well, i I do a search with filter "(cn=*sánchez)" (with tilde), and
I get my user in the results, but if i try with the filter "(cn=*sanchez)"
(without tilde), i get no results (I understand why). Is there anyway to
make searches using indexes with the attribute nsMatchingRule to behave as I
need?

I have tried with:

nsMatchingRule: caseIgnoreSubstringMatch-es

in the cn index, but using the second filter "(cn=*sanchez)", i am already
having no results.

NB: I know I can use cn;lang-en, but this implies add more attributes
manually, duplicate similar values, etc.

Regards.